Join us at Connotations #10
Registration is now open!
Booking at the Marriott is now available
book online, or call the Marriott's central reservations desk, more details on the Hotel page. Please note that because of the custom rates, the Marriott will need TWO reservations if you are staying both Friday AND Sat&/orSunday.
Connotations is an annual multi-media, multi-fandom slash convention. We mix up serious meta, fannish squee, and occasional utter silliness for what we think might be one of the best weekends you can find. Connotations has wide-ranging discussion panels, as well as a vid show, a Moderately Tidy Dinner, the ever-growing charity raffle and the infamous and hilarious pimp session.
Connotations 2012 will run from Friday, 5th October to Sunday, 7th October at the Royal County Hotel, Durham.
The dates for 2012:
- 1st February: Stories from the 2011 Book of Smutty Days con zine timed out and authors can post them.
- 1 March: Registration opens
- April: hotel booking available
- 31st July: Last date for submissions to the con zine.
- 15th August: Panel suggestions post goes up and last date for artwork submissions to the con zine.
- 1st September: Panel poll opens to voting.
- 7th September: Panel polls closes to voting.
- 1st October: Last date for registering online -- after this contact us by email. Please note there will be no on-the-day registrations without prior agreement with the Con committee.
- 5th October: Convention!
- Friday starts at 2pm, and the last panel ends at 6pm. Slash pictionary & conviviality in the con rooms from 8 till late.
- Saturday starts at 9:30am, and the last panel ends at 6. Moderately Tidy Dinner from 7pm. Vid Show from 8pm-ish.
- Sunday starts at 9:30am, and the last panel ends at 3pm. the Pimp Session runs from 3:30 till 5, and the drawing of the raffle, distribution of prizes, announcement of the quiz winners and general closing ceremonials will begin at 5 and end when we run out of chocolate...